October 2010

Lewisham Cyclist Meeting Minutes October 2010

Date:20/10/2010   Dog and Bell public House,  Prince St, Deptford, London SE8 3JD

Minutes taken by Jane Davis

Present: Katie Collis, John Phillips, Gareth Scarlett, Stuart Grove, Roy Volume, Jane Davis

Apologes: Paul Taylor

1. Minutes of last meeting: Read and agreed                                                                                                                                                                    2. Matters arising: Proposed removal of lights on Lewisham Hill. Gareth enquired if there was any news from Roger about this.  Roger had undertaken to contact TfL expressing concern. Jane to contact Roger about this.                                                                                               Deals Gateway : No change has been made to this junction as yet.   Jane had emailed TfL about it but as yet had no reply.  She will chase this up.                                                                                                                                                                                                                           3.Katie Collis informed the meeting that the Waterlink Way had been nominated by Tom Sharland for a cycling award.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     4. Coordinator’s Report:Katie Collis made meeting aware of a rather lengthy form which LCC central office require.  The committee will meet at another date to be arranged in order to complete this.                                                                                                                             5. Lewisham Gateway: Gareth asked if the committee had any information about lewisham Gateway and the proposed Cycle Super Highway for the area.  Katie Collis will contact Carole Crankshaw about this.                                                                                                            6. Stuart Grove presented a range of concerns about the proposed development of Sydenham High St and the propsed Cycle Super Highway 6 from Penge to the City.  He voiced concerns that there appeared to be a lack of joined up thinking between the Lewisham planners and TfL over this.  He was concerned that the best and safest routes were not being chosen for cycle routes in this area.  Katie Collis will speak to Carole Crankshaw to see if a CRIM (Cycle Route Inspection Meeting) ride is being planned for the propsed CS6 route and feedback to members via e list.                                                                                                                                                                                   7.  Lewisham Cyclists Website: Stuart recommended the group use WordPress to set up a new site and offered to help with this.  The meeting agreed to buy the domain name lewishamcyclists.co.uk and use this for new site.

There was no other business and the meeting closed at 7.50pm