What We Do
Lewisham Cyclists is the local Borough group of the London Cycling Campaign (LCC). We have more than 700 members representing a broad cross section of cyclists in the Borough.
Our Vision is:
- Our Borough will be a place where people of all ages and abilities can easily make safe and pleasant journeys cycling or walking.
Our aims are:
- In every ward:
- Low traffic neighbourhoods
- School streets
- Secure cycle parking
- Across the Borough:
- Segregated space for cycling on main roads
- Safer junctions
- A network of safe direct walking and cycling routes
- Resulting in:
- A diverse population of people on bicycles in Lewisham, including more women, ethnic minorities, children, elderly people, and disabled people
- A greater awareness across all communities of the health and well-being benefits of cycling
Our activities and ways of assisting you include:
- Running a wide variety of friendly, social rides in Lewisham and beyond. Read about some of our past rides here
- Campaigning for safer cycling in Lewisham
- Regular drop-in cycle maintenance workshops
- Cycle training from a registered instructor
- Help with planning and riding commute routes
- General advice about all things cycling
- Loan Bike Service
We communicate with members in several ways:
- Facebook Group here
- Yahoo email Group here. To join, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Latest news is on our website here
- Twitter here
If you want to get in touch directly, email us at email@example.com.
Lewisham Cyclists is administered by an elected Management Committee:
Coordinator: Jane Davis
Secretary: Tim Collingridge
Treasurer: John Phillips
If you share our vision and aims and would like to get involved you will be very welcome. There are always jobs that need doing, from campaigning activities, to assisting on rides and helping with cycle maintenance projects. Drop us an email for further info.
The group’s constitution can be read here.
The records of our monthly meetings can be read here
Our meetings are held on the third Wednesday of every month (except December) at Lewisham Civic Suite, Lewisham Town Hall, Catford, SE6 4RU at 6.30pm and are open to all.