Lewisham Cyclists’ Covid response suggested schemes
As per our last post we have now collated ideas on a wide range of schemes to encourage and facilitate active travel modes in Lewisham during the Covid epidemic, plus providing more space for social distancing while cycling and walking.
We have recently sent these ideas over to Lewisham Council to incorporate into their plans.
These ideas fall into these main categories
- Immediate implementation of two planned Healthy Neighbourhood trials.
- Proceed with the Deptford Liveable Neighbourhood project.
- Acceleration of Cycleway 4 project.
- Temporary cycle paths on main roads.
- Improve connectivity of existing dislocated cycle routes.
- Temporary modal filters to reduce unnecessary through traffic in residential areas.
- School streets.
These are summarised in these visual representations: https://lewishamcyclists.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/COVID-LC.pdf
All our detailed suggestions are here https://lewishamcyclists.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Suggested-temporary-cycling-and-walking-interventions-during-Coronavirus-pandemic-episode1.pdf
Members are encouraged to use the direct links for our top 20 ideas, which are in the detailed document, to support them by ‘agreeing’ on the Lewisham Commonplace Covid Response map.